- The USNO Flagstaff Station website is provided as a public service
by the Flagstaff Station of the US Naval Observatory.
- Information presented on the USNO Flagstaff Station website is considered
public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate
byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information may be collected for statistical
purposes. This government computer system may use software programs to create
summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what
information is of most and least interest, determining technical design
specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains
available to all users, this government computer system may employ software
programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to
upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts
are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are
used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in
accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule
20. All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive
- We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you
visit our site unless you choose to provide such information to us. If you
choose to send email to the site webmaster or submit an online feedback form,
any contact information that you provide will be solely used to respond to your
request and not stored.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this
service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud
and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection
- If you have any question or comments about the information presented
here, please forward them to